APPLICATION FOUND HERE: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/lompocvmc#/job/3198
Salary Range: $20.87 – $28.76
Pay rates are determined based on experience and internal equity.
- This position reports to the Community Health Director of the LVCHO.
- Provides staffing for the LVCHO and Healthy Lompoc Coalition.
- Implements grant projects, programs, and events.
- Provides insight and expertise on cultural relevance, cultural competence and linguistic appropriateness. Translation/Interpreter assistance from English into Spanish may be needed.
- Conducts community outreach in English and Spanish.
- Conducts community health education in English and Spanish.
- Position includes contact with persons at all levels within the organization and the community.
- Must work and connect with residents through existing networks in the community and foster working relationships with the partner agencies.
- Must work well under stress or tight deadlines.
- Must be effective at organizing tasks.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Supports the Lompoc Valley Community Healthcare Organization and Lompoc Valley Medical Center’s Policies.
- Supports the LVCHO’s and Hospital District’s Mission, Vision and Values Statements.
- Demonstrate Respect, Professionalism and Courtesy to all patients, visitors, other providers and coworkers, as delineated in the LVMC “Commitment to Care”.
- Constantly use C-I-CARE principles when communicating with others.
- Maintains all principles of confidentiality according to District policy and as required by State and Federal agencies.
- Follows guidelines and practices identified in the Employee Handbook.
- Completes hospital-wide skills criteria annually.
- Complies with annual PPD testing.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development.
- Provide staff support to the Healthy Lompoc Coalition and related community grant projects.
- Ensure multiyear implementation of Active Transportation Grant in partnership with the City of Lompoc and Lompoc Unified School District.
- Assist Community Health Director with organization, project implementation, and tracking of deliverables.
- Perform data entry.
- Effectively work within program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Adhere to recordkeeping expectations to support accurate bookkeeping and documentation of activities.
- Helps to implement educational and outreach strategies to inform organizations, businesses, schools, parents and children of healthy living options and available resources in the community.
- Support administration of Healthy Lompoc social media accounts and monthly newsletter.
- Work closely with the Community Health Director on special projects and administrative needs.
- Occasional weekend and evening work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with strong verbal communication and presentation skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to effectively network and communicate with diverse cultural and ethnic groups.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to prioritize workload and make independent decisions.
- Ability to implement, track, and report on health related grant programs and projects.
- Computer literacy, including email and word processing and presentation software.
- Willingness to learn and participate in further education and leadership opportunities.
- Work will take place in a hybrid setting until further notice. In person programs/ events staffing will be required as a component of community outreach-related work and grant implementation. A remote or at home workspace must be available with internet capabilities. Must have access to reliable transportation readily available for use on the job.
- Must have access to a cell phone readily available for use on the job.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
- Any technology (other than a cell phone and internet access) and technology training needed for the job will be provided by the LVCHO (eg laptop, ipad, software, etc).
- Ability and willingness to enroll in a certified interpreter and translator course within the first year of employment if not already certified.
- Education: Associate’s Degree or commensurate job experience of no less than two years.
- Experience: Two years of experience in program implementation, community organizing/engagement, outreach, education and/or collaboration.
- Certifications: None required.
- Skills/Ability: Excellent bilingual verbal communication skills. Exhibits the ability to organize work assignments and follow through with accuracy. Exercises good judgment, demonstrates initiative, emotional stability, tact and poise. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office software.
Leave a Response