PathPoint, a leader in providing support services that empower people with disabilities, mental illness, and disadvantages to be valued members of our community, is seeking an Office Manager/HR Assistant to join our Behavioral Health division in Santa Barbara. In this role, you will oversee all administrative processes for the Behavioral Health division, which provides a variety of support services to adults with mental health diagnoses. You’ll also be the local Human Resources representative for 40-50 staff and support them with day-to-day HR needs.
No two days are the same in this role, and we are looking for someone who is highly organized, resourceful, adaptable, self-directed, and great with time management. Please include a cover letter when applying. We want to hear your voice and why you are interested in this opportunity.
COVID-19 Update: For the safety of our employees, the individuals we support, and everyone’s families, effective August 1, 2021, we are requiring all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and religious exemptions are available to those who qualify.
Why Work At PathPoint:
- Culture of kindness, compassion and respect
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community every day
- $250 hiring bonus and 8 hours of Wellness Time (Mental Health Day) for job offers accepted by December 31, 2021, earned after 60 days of employment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year
- Paid sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary wellness program with cash rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee all administrative processes and procedures in the Behavioral Health division. Manage telephones, computers, and vehicle maintenance. Coordinate purchases and ordering.
- Perform accounting functions for the division, including managing petty cash and credit card reconciliations.
- Handle reception duties by answering incoming calls and greeting and directing office visitors. Address urgent/crisis situations until other staff are available.
- Maintain various databases and reports. Record admission/discharge information. Establish and maintain client charts.
- Verify Medi-Cal eligibility for clients, resolve Medi-Cal issues, and address client insurance concerns with staff.
- Assist division staff with HR matters, including policies and procedures, worker’s compensation, and benefits questions. Assist with the hiring process, including screening candidates and scheduling interviews. Conduct new hire orientation and benefits orientation for all staff.
- Serve as the Safety Coordinator for the division. Oversee safety training and monthly safety meetings. Conduct emergency drills.
- Assist with planning and coordinating division events and meetings, including trainings, staff parties, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience required.
- Experience with medical records management preferred.
- Experience in the mental health field preferred.
- Human resources knowledge/experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or business preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and health and TB screenings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record and regular use of a vehicle.
Compensation and Benefit Package: $20-$21.50 per hour depending on experience. PathPoint offers a generous benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, and sick time; Flexible Spending Accounts; 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; wellness program with cash rewards; free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
To Apply: Submit your cover letter and resume through our website.
About PathPoint: PathPoint, a non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.