Reports To: Nature Adventures Manager
Salary: $20.78 per hour
Position Summary: The Camp/Class Instructor will work with the Nature Adventures Manager and other lead and assistant instructors in science programs for children ages 4-14 at the Museum and at the Sea Center.
- Work with Nature Adventures Manager, other lead instructors, and assistant instructors.
- Interface with parents during check-in and checkout periods.
- Be prepared for camp by reading the curricula and prepping pertinent supplies.
- Teach and facilitate camp activities ranging in a variety of natural history and science-based subjects.
- Breakdown and organize supplies at the close of each camp day.
- Work with Teen Programs participants (Quasars to Sea Stars and/or Counselors-in-Training–youth personnel ages 13-17) to help support camps. Provide feedback and recommendations on teen personnel involvement to Nature Adventures Manager and/or Assistant.
- Maintain appropriate control of class during sessions.
- Supervise the assistant instructors during sessions.
- Supervise, manage, and teach group activities.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must be available for the following schedule:
- o Friday, March 24, 2023 (Noon–5:00 PM, Mandatory Training)
- o Monday–Friday, March 27–31, 2023 (8:15 AM–4:15 PM or 9:00 AM–5:00 PM as needed)
- Experience in leading classroom based informal educational programs or related work
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Self-motivated and creative
- Dependable, reliable
- Standard educational classroom environment
- Outdoor environment, including creek and trail exploration
- Frequent walking, may include uneven or unpaved terrain
- Lifting, up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting
Leave a Response