Schedule: This is a full-time (40 hour/week) position (onsite)
The schedule is typically Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM with occasional additional evening and weekend hours.
Pay Range: $22.00 to $25.00 / hour DOE
The Membership & Development Coordinator fills a critical role in ensuring each member’s desire to engage more deeply with Lotusland by providing exceptional member experiences and a streamlined membership back office. They manage accurate membership records, coordinate membership renewal processes, provide support via phone and email for membership questions, and partner with the organization’s Visitor Services team to activate membership benefits. The Membership & Development Coordinator provides administrative support for the Development Department including data entry, gift acknowledgements, meeting materials and support, event RSVPs and other general support.
The use of technology, data collection, and reporting are key abilities for this position. Experience with Salesforce products is desirable. The Membership & Development Coordinator will be positive, loyal, and a proud ambassador of the Ganna Walska Lotusland brand.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for membership inquiries, including all telephone and email correspondence directed toward the membership office regarding new memberships, renewals, upgrades, replacement cards, and other tasks as needed.
- Participate in Moves Management: Effectively communicate potential donor households to the Development team; research new donors and members to strategically engage them, and follow up with opportunities to engage and steward general level members.
- Process memberships in Salesforce and mail acknowledgements (membership information with tax receipt).
- Maintain membership information and documentation including Salesforce database, hard copy files, and correspondence.
- Manage digital membership cards.
- Manage monthly membership renewal communications (letter and emails).
- In coordination with Visitor Services, handle all membership requests, inquiries, or complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Train and oversee membership volunteers in membership processing and other assignments as needed.
- Keeps accurate inventory of membership and development supplies, including membership materials, VIP packets, and letterhead.
- Provide support to the Development team in stewardship strategies (donor gifts, tracking and inventory).
- Maintain and distribute accurate RSVP lists for fundraising and stewardship events and programs
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Adhere to Garden policies and procedures, proactively solve any concern or complaint to provide a solution, and actively seek and suggest improvements to the visitor experience.
- Maintain sensitivity and confidentiality regarding member and donor
- Perform general administrative support as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate confidence, self-motivation, and a passionate commitment to Lotusland.
Essential Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Quick problem-solving, flexibility, and ability to work collaboratively with staff in other departments and serve as a role model of outstanding customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all membership information.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing with high level of customer service and sales skills is expected.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and integrate with a variety of people and develop positive relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivation, attention to detail, and creativity in reaching potential members are necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Database/CRM experience required – Salesforce products preferred.
- Ability to answer telephone calls, emails, letters, and website questions in a professional and timely manner (typically within 24 hours), prioritizing responses as needed.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a shared workspace and to interact in a cooperative manner with staff and volunteers.
Education & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years related experience in areas of nonprofit administration, membership, development, or similar administrative roles.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- The successful candidate will be subject to and must pass a background check.
- Highly proficient in the English language in person and by phone.
- The outdoor garden environment is subject to weather, dust, dirt and plant allergens.
- Constant engagement with the general public, staff, and volunteers by phone and in-person.
- Frequent work with computers (repetitive movement – typing), and heavy telephone use. Frequent standing, sitting, extended walking, climbing stairs & bending with occasional lifting of weight — light to moderately heavy loads (25 lbs.).
The Membership & Development Coordinator must be able to perform each requirement of the position as outlined in the job description. Essential Requirements are representative and are essential for satisfactory job performance. The Work Environment characteristics are representative of what may be encountered while on the job. Lotusland will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer. The responsibilities and deliverables listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and/or skills. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. The salary is dependent on experience. Benefits include health insurance, vacation and sick leave as well as a 403(b) Retirement Plan and more.
To Apply, please submit your resume, three references and a cover letter that provides specifics from your experience, knowledge and abilities why you feel your application will be a best match for this career opportunity to HR@Lotusland.org by August 24, 2022 . Thank you!