The Rescue Mission Alliance (RMA) is a Christian non-profit organization that has been serving the less fortunate in Southern California through emergency and long-term rehabilitation services since 1972. RMA partners with local churches to meet the spiritual needs of the people we serve. RMA Administration provides centralized Finance, Information Technology, Donor Development, Mission Support and Operations services to the ministries and departments of RMA.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support for Human Resources (HR) functions including, but not limited to, auditing and maintaining accurate employee files, scanning and data entry, and general support for human resources staff in accordance with (RMA’s) policies and procedures and State, Federal and local laws. This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt position located in Oxnard at Corporate Headquarters and reports to Human Resources Management. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime and benefits according to applicable guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Audit existing employee personnel files for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in filing and maintaining files with accuracy
- Assist HR Department with set-up/maintaining departmental appointments & meetings as assigned
- Scan and upload documents to ADP HRIS and Safety Database
- Assist with auditing EDD reports
- Assist in compiling training materials for HR Development Courses and Learning Library
- Provide administrative support for the HR Team and provide excellent customer service to the RMA organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide assistance with administering and maintaining Employee Handbook updates
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
- Provide back-up coverage & support for office reception at RMA Corporate Headquarters
Recruiting / Hiring
- Create personnel files for newly hired employees
- Scan new hire paperwork into ADP HRIS
- Assist in market job postings
- Assist in creating and revising job descriptions
- Assist with administering pre-employment tests and conducting reference checks
- Track safety training participation and report on data.
- Create and maintain consistent digital case files and documentation
- Assist with researching safety best practices, compiling data, and creating fact sheets.
- Assist with safety projects to improve the overall Safety Program.
- Promote RMA Safety Program and in alignment with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Smith Systems policies and procedures, model safe work practices.
There are no employees reporting to this position
- Committed Christian, active member in a local Christian church and in agreement with RMA’s core values and Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, required.
- Valid Driver’s license and insurable under RMA’s plan.
- One to two years Human Resources/Office experience, preferred.
- Basic understanding of California Employment Law.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English), a plus.
- Strong organization skills with excellent attention to details
- Ability to accurately audit and maintain files
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills
- Proficient in PC usage and specifically with Microsoft Office
- ADP experience a plus
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) & ADP
This position requires extended times of work in an office environment in meetings and working at a desk and computer and includes travel to various meetings and events. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and printers.
This position will function to a large degree in an office environment. However, as a part of normal duties, this position will be located at facilities with an at risk population where errant behavior and the risk of infectious diseases may be present. Appropriate safety considerations will be required to avoid illness or injury.
Leave a Response