The Development Assistant is responsible for essential administrative, financial, and event support that is critical to the successful operation of a comprehensive fundraising program at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. Serves as a member of the Development team and reports to the Director of External Affairs.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is one of the finest museums on the West coast and is celebrated for the superb quality of its permanent collection. Its mission is to integrate art into the lives of people through internationally recognized exhibitions, special programs, as well as the thoughtful presentation of its permanent collection.
- Provides general clerical assistance for the Development department.
- Provides support for board-related committees and support groups.
- Assists Events Manager in the implementation of development and member events.
- Supports the Director of External Affairs with planned giving activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years administrative support. College degree is preferable. Some experience in fundraising environment preferred, but not necessary. Requirements include: developed skills using MS Word, Excel, Outlook; excellent proofreading skills; general accounting skills; orientation to detail. Ability to maintain flexibility and organization with multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work without close supervision required. Ability to take direction, communicate in positive ways and respond in a gracious manner, especially with donors. Maintaining effective working relationships with staff members within context of confidentiality required.
- 20 hours per week. Position is on-site, schedule to be mutually agreed upon. Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Salary is $22-$24 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- A successful background check and proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required if offered the position.
- This non-exempt, part-time position is eligible for benefits including 403b with match, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and more.
Applicants may apply by completing the application https://www.sbma.net/about/careers/developmentasst and sending it along with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101