Hospice of Santa Barbara, Inc., the second oldest Hospice in the United States, is a unique and innovative organization that serves children and adults who are impacted by a life threatening illness or grieving the loss of a loved one. All of our services are provided free of charge. We receive no support from government or insurance agencies, and are dependent on the support of the community for all we do. We have a highly committed staff and foster a positive, collaborative, and creative work environment. We make a difference in the lives of more than one thousand people each year and believe it is a privilege to be serving others.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As Bereavement Counselor for Hospice of Santa Barbara, Inc., you will be responsible for providing compassionate counseling and support to those grieving from the loss or anticipated loss of a loved one. This could be either a part-time or full-time position (20-40 hours per week, work performed via telehealth or in-person or combination of both). Summary of responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide one-to-one and/or group professional counseling to adults and/or children grieving the death or anticipated death of a loved one.
- Maintain timely and complete clinical case files utilizing designated client tracking software.
- Be responsible for all clinical metrics for each client including impact markers and end of service program evaluations.
- Attend relevant staff meetings and participate in community meetings, events, and/or trainings.
- Meet agency counseling productivity standards.
- Adhere to agency-wide and department policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Licensed or registered with the California BBS – AMFT, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC
- Ability to provide professional therapy to children both in the office and on school campuses
- Experience with end of life and bereavement counseling, grief
- Bilingual skills helpful, but not required (English and Spanish)
Please send your resume and cover letter. Please do not apply without your cover letter! We want to hear your voice as to why this career opportunity is of interest to you and why you believe HSB is the right choice for your next step, thank you!