Construction Project Manager, Home Repairs
Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County
Established in 2000, Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County is a local nonprofit committed to building strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. We partner with low-income individuals and families in-need, build or improve a place to call home in Santa Barbara’s south county. Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County has built 22 new homes for 84 people, 50% of which are children, as well as helped rebuild and repair 170 homes. www.sbhabitat.org
The Project Manager of Home Repairs reports to the CEO and is a critical, cross-functional leader who oversees repair projects as a part of Habitat’s Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative. Core responsibilities include: construction related contract oversight, safety and compliance, and execution of Habitat home repair programs. Ability to complete projects in partnership with contractors, track costs within budget and meet scheduled deadline deliverables. Additional job functions: building and implementing plans related to home repairs, community improvement projects, outreach to construction trade professionals, working with community members in-need of home repairs, managing contracts related to government funding, and more. Licensed General Contractor Preferred.
Core job duties:
- Develops systems and implements programs to execute home repairs, work with volunteers, eligible homeowners, licensed contractors, construction tradespersons, and government partners.
- Review and approve home repair applicants in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures program compliance related to safety, sub-contractors, OSHA, including serving as the designated “Competent Person” safety leader for the local organization.
- Develops documented strategies to prioritize projects, track progress, communicate outcomes, in compliance with approved policies. Ensures that project schedules, budgets, and household demographics are tracked in an organized way so that data can be analyzed and shared externally.
- Identify, organize, and procure materials and supplies required for home repair projects.
- Works with volunteers and donors; when relevant, supervises volunteers on-site at community projects.
- Provides project reporting to funders, community, and government partners.
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate about the Habitat mission, including affordable housing and supporting underserved communities.
- Experienced working in construction trades, familiarity with local building laws, and experienced in project management.
- Well-organized, flexible, and enjoys the challenges of having a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and manage project budgets including experience with excel and Neighborly.
- Takes initiative, multi-tasks, and works well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no supervision at times.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.
- Licensed General Contractor Preferred.
- Minimum of four years working in an administrative project management capacity, either in construction management, property management, and/or facilities management.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite, database management, and experience with project management software.
- Some College or higher preferred.
- Valid CA Driver’s License. Good driving record required. Use of company vehicles on work sites.
- Availability on evenings and weekends as needed.
- The ability to transport heavy objects, sometimes 40-50 lbs at a height of 3-4ft to support construction job sites.
Position Status: Full –Time (40 hours a week)
Exempt Salary: Dependent on experience, starting at $80,000 annually.
Benefits: Health Insurance Package; Paid vacation and sick time.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by management, may be required. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description does not constitute a contract for employment, nor does it in any way alter the at-will employment relationship. Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County is an equal opportunity employer as well as an equal housing/fair housing agency.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our community safe, we wear protective gear and work both on the field, in the office, and remotely, however, this is not a remote-only position.
Work Location: Multiple locations across Southern Santa Barbara County.
To learn more about our home repair program: https://youtu.be/EigB9WYnxTI
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you!