Why join our countywide agency?
*Because each day we are making a difference in our community, and because we have a positive, employee- and client-centered work culture.
*We pay competitive rates and offer a strong benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay, employer-paid medical insurance, a free subscription to the meditation/sleep app Calm, and much more!
*We offer continuous employee education and development and paid clinical supervision.
*We work with our staff to offer flexibility whenever possible.
We look forward to you joining our team at FSA of Santa Barbara County!
The Community Engagement Officer works with the Development Director to create and implement donor engagement and retention strategies for Family Service Agency. This position will be responsible for cultivating meaningful relationships with donors and potential donors through positive engagement. Blending creative communications, gatherings, and one-on-one dialogue with data-driven analysis, the Community Engagement Officer will implement initiatives that increase engagement and lifetime donor value. This position will have an action-oriented approach to identifying and implementing opportunities to reach annual retention and donation goals. The Community Engagement Officer coordinates with development and communications staff as well as the Development Committee and FSA Board of Directors.
This position can be located out of any of FSA’s offices in Guadalupe, Santa Maria, Lompoc, or Santa Barbara.
FSA strives to be a trauma-informed and resilience-oriented organization. Because working with those impacted by trauma can affect staff in various ways, FSA actively identifies and employs methods to support staff to embody a healthy and sustainable balance of care for both themselves and others.
Sample of Duties and Responsibilities
1. In collaboration with the Development Director, define and implement donor cultivation, engagement, and stewardship strategies.
2. Become an expert on the donor lifecycle at Family Service Agency, using data to understand their behaviors and giving capacity, and develop strategies to prevent churn and encourage increased giving at key points in their lifecycle of support for FSA.
3. Create and implement a donor communications action plan. This will include segmenting FSA’s donor database, crafting compelling communications for each segment, and designing and building campaigns and materials in collaboration with FSA’s communications staff.
4. Analyze the effectiveness of past engagement strategies and adapt accordingly, including communications, presentations, events, volunteer engagement, and one-on-one dialogue.
5. Develop speaking opportunities to increase agency visibility, cultivate new relationships, and engage constituents.
6. In collaboration with the Development Director, develop engagement and renewal goals and track monthly progress. This will include measuring key performance indicators, knowing when plans are underperforming, and implementing strategies to course-correct.
7. Help build FSA’s major gifts program, assist in identifying new donors, managing donor relationships, and facilitating peer solicitation through FSA’s board, committees, and community ambassadors.
8. Records Management – Update activity and status in FSA’s donor database. Maintain security and quality controls to protect proprietary information and insure privacy.
9. In collaboration with the Development Director, plan and implement donor appreciation events.
1. B.A./B.S. in any discipline or equivalent experience.
2. Five or more years of experience in constituent or donor engagement, retention, and/or loyalty. Non-profit experience is a plus.
3. Communicates clearly, orally and in writing. Computer and Internet literacy
4. Strong project management skills. Can successfully manage a project from beginning to end, including the big picture and the minor details. Creative and resourceful. Can push ideas from concept to implementation.
5. Strong presentation skills. Comfortable speaking in public.
6. Flexible; can pivot and adjust to change quickly.
7. Valid automobile insurance and a California driver’s license.
8. Reliable transportation is necessary to travel throughout Santa Barbara County.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
• This position is part-time, up to 20 hours/week. Pro-rated vacation, holiday and sick leave offered for anyone working at least 20 hours per week. Eligibility for FSA’s 403(b) retirement plan is offered to everyone.
• Pay is dependent on education and experience.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is required that you submit both a cover letter and resume.
You can apply to this position at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4779973
Or search through our portal for other open positions: http://familyserviceagency.appone.com/