Position: Client Success Manager
Type: Full time/exempt/work-from-home position, with in-person client/team meetings and events
Wage: Base starting pay $30,000-$40,000/year depending on experience/qualifications
Commission: New business, including upsells: 15% year 1, 10% year 2, 5% year 3
About the Company
We are in the business of changing the way organizations succeed. VISIONALITY has grown from a one-woman passion project to a team of innovative thinkers and creators, with over 60 years of combined nonprofit experience. Our team is dedicated to developing and implementing creative solutions that help our clients – nonprofits in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties – make the world a better place.
VISIONALITY works with organizations in periods of growth and decline, supporting them with strategic planning, mission-based fundraising & communications, and large-scale conference planning.
VISIONALITY was named one of the Pacific Coast Business Times’ ‘Best Places to Work’ in 2018, 2019 and 2021.
We aim to bring diversity, equity, access and inclusion into all aspects of our work – we are rooted in the philosophy to make the table bigger and the walls lower.
About Our Team
Our team is making magic happen with coffee, laughter and kindness. We have been intentional to cultivate a fun and inclusive work environment. In addition to being innovative, resourceful, and enthusiastic about our work, we firmly believe in maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
We kick people out of the “office” to get exercise. When an employee needs a mental health day, the team hops in to cover that day’s deliverables without question. We care deeply about one another’s successes… there are no “office politics” to navigate. And regardless of where you sit in the company’s org chart, you are encouraged to give and receive feedback to team members and call attention to ways we can improve internally and externally.
About the Opportunity
The Client Success Manager is a key piece of VISIONALITY’s aggressive growth plan. The CSM will be uncovering new business opportunities and improving client retention by serving as a community-facing representative of the VISIONALITY Team and meeting regularly with existing clients to explore opportunities for expanded and diverse relationships. This position will report directly to the CEO and is a brand-new position at VISIONALITY.
- Uncovering Opportunities: attends networking and other community events as a key member of the VISIONALITY staff, meets in-person with prospective clients and occasionally their board of directors
- Encourage Upsells & Cross-Sells: looks for opportunities to expand contracts and opportunities to serve with existing clients
- Proposals & Onboarding: uses knowledge of prospective client goals to create suggested scopes of work, in collaboration with the CEO and Project Managers; closes proposals with potential clients; helps to onboard and launch the work with assigned Project Managers
- Balances Lines of Business: checks in with Operations and Project Teams on their workload and insights on upcoming client transitions to ensure VISIONALITY has a qualified pipeline for all three of our lines of business
- Relationship Building: cultivates and maintains relationships and alliances that benefit VISIONALITY, its clients and community organizations
- Marketing: works with our marketing consultant to create content; uncovers and shares client success stories
- Mentoring: mentors VISIONALITY staff on how to network, communicate about the work we do and on the attributes of our ideal clients
- Satisfaction Checks: meets with all VISIONALITY clients throughout the year to understand what we’re doing well and what we can be doing differently
- Scope of Work: participates in Scope of Work conversations and contract renegotiations alongside CEO and Project Managers; presents VISIONALITY staffs’ accomplishments to Board/stake holders
- Ongoing Resource: through consistent relationship building, looks for resources in the community that will benefit our clients; be a “connector of dots” within the regions we serve
- An experienced relationship builder and master scheduler with a proven track record of generating sales and meeting revenue goals
- Highly skilled at moving prospects through a sales and onboarding process, through genuine connection and problem solving, not high-pressure tactics
- Well-connected within Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties to business leaders, nonprofits, elected officials, and community members
- Aware of the unique issues and opportunities of the nonprofit sector in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, and are excited to move the needle towards a more diverse and sustainable future for the industry
- A digital-savvy leader who can foster meaningful connection in a primarily digital workplace
- Excited at the prospect of building the sales processes, practices and procedures from the ground up for a small consulting firm
- An excellent and engaging communicator (written and oral); you can tailor your communication style and professional demeanor to earn the confidence of clients, stakeholders, and staff
- A goal driven individual who is excited to help VISIONALITY grow and serve more clients
- Committed to setting an example of healthy work/life balance
Your professional capabilities include:
- We do not require a college education, but do expect that your professional experience will reflect this position’s responsibilities. Familiarity with our community is a must.
- Must be able to work from home with own phone and reliable internet connection (we do provide a reimbursement to offset the cost of these requirements)
- Reliable transportation for meetings and events; you must live within a commutable distance to Ventura and Santa Barbara County and be prepared to attend in-person meetings and networking events as needed (we pay for drive time and mileage)
- Tech-savvy, strong knowledge of Office, Zoom, G-Suite and project management software (Monday.com)
Remote Work Requirements
Some jobs are remote at this time, but this job is FOREVER remote…we know remote work is not for everyone, so before applying, make sure you ARE capable of managing your priorities by yourself. VISIONALITY will provide employees with the necessary hardware (laptop, etc.).
While we are a remote company, this position does have frequent in-person obligations within Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties (client meetings, networking events, etc.). It is important to the success of our clients that our team live within the communities we serve. Though the frequency and nature of in-person obligations will fluctuate based on company needs, you can expect to meet in person an average of 5-15 times per week at various locations throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties.
Visit our online application to:
- Complete a brief questionnaire
- Submit your resume
This position will be offered with the following benefits:
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored 401(k) Program
- Paid Vacation and Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays; includes all federal holidays and more
- Ability to work from home
- Flexible work schedule
This position requires the employee to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours a day. The employee must operate a computer and other office equipment. In addition to the sedentary requirements of the position, the employee will also attend meetings that will require the employee to drive or have another form of reliable transportation.
VISIONALITY Non-Discrimination Statement
VISIONALITY is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, or economic status.
VISIONALITY strives to build an inclusive team in which individuals are comfortable bringing their full selves to the workplace.
VISIONALITY believes that a team made up of diverse experiences, perspectives, and cultures is best equipped to build trust and communication with our clients – and in doing so, help them achieve their missions and make this world a better place.
VISIONALITY Return to Work Commitment
Whether you took time off for your family, military service, educational goals, health, or were forced into “extended time off” because of COVID, we value your entire life experience, and want you to feel comfortable applying for this position. After all, VISIONALITY’s culture depends on a wide range of talent, perspectives, and life experiences. If your little one (dog, human, etc.) needs to join an occasional team meeting, they will be welcome. As a fully remote company, we encourage you to bring your FULL SELF to work every single day. If you are returning to work, we hope you consider applying for this position.
Leave a Response