Why join our countywide agency?
*Because each day we are making a difference in our community, and because we have a positive, employee- and client-centered work culture.
*We pay competitive rates and offer a strong benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay, employer-paid medical insurance, a free subscription to the meditation/sleep app Calm, and much more!
*We offer continuous employee education and development and paid clinical supervision.
*We work with our staff to offer flexibility whenever possible.
We look forward to you joining our team at FSA of Santa Barbara County!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Strategy and North County Programs Officer will assist the CEO and Chief Strategy and Operations Officer in the overall strategic and operational management of Family Service Agency’s culturally sensitive staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Chief Strategy and North County Programs Officer will be responsible for overall management of Santa Maria Valley operations, including overseeing programs; developing and directing staff; fiscal and contract management; representing FSA with funders, partnerships/coalitions and the larger community; and supporting FSA’s fundraising and marketing activities. The Chief Strategy and North County Programs Officer will be based out of Santa Maria with some countywide travel required.
FSA’s priority is to hire leadership that is reflective of the staff and communities we serve. To achieve this goal, the Chief North County Program and Strategy Officer will have lived experience in the bilingual/bicultural Spanish-speaking community. It is also helpful, but not required, to have familiarity with Oaxacan and/or other migrant populations.
FSA strives to be a trauma-informed and resilience-oriented organization. Because working with those impacted by trauma can affect staff in various ways, FSA actively identifies and employs methods to support staff to embody a healthy and sustainable balance of care for both themselves and others.
Sample Job Duties and Responsibilities
Work with the CEO and Chief Strategy and Operations Officer in Providing Leadership and Management
1. Help integrate the Agency vision within programs.
2. Develop and promote strategic business planning.
3. Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
4. Lead, coach, develop, evaluate, and retain FSA’s high-performance Leadership and Management teams.
5. Ensure effective systems to track program outcomes, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other constituents.
Oversee Santa Maria Valley Operations
DBA: Santa Maria Valley Youth and Family Center
1. Provide supervision and direction to the Santa Maria Valley programs, and coordinate with Guadalupe services.
2. Work with the CEO and Chief Strategy and Operations Officer in developing and managing the budget.
3. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff and oversee these functions.
4. Oversee quality controls for the programs including monitoring program outcomes, evaluating program effectiveness, ensuring the quality and integrity of documentation and staying current with research in the field.
5. Ensure contract compliance and prepare reports of program data and outcomes.
6. Cultivate relationships countywide with the goal of increasing program awareness and visibility.
7. Represent the Agency with funders, partnerships/coalitions and the larger community, including attending regular meetings of funders and community partners.
8. Identify opportunities for program expansion and growth.
1. Participate in Board of Director meetings and Board Committee meetings as requested by the CEO.
2. Participate as a member of the Leadership Team in the development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives, agency budget, agency-wide policies, and programs that will contribute to the Agency’s overall success.
3. Assist in expanding revenue generating and fundraising activities to support agency operations and service delivery.
4. Assist in promoting FSA’s image in Santa Barbara County.
1. Required: Graduate degree in applicable field such as public administration, social work, psychology, etc. and six years of senior management and supervision experience in human services field.
Bachelor’s degree in applicable field and 10 years of senior management and supervision experience in human services field.
2. Required: Lived experience in the bilingual/bicultural Spanish-speaking community.
a. Desirable: Familiarity with Oaxacan and/or other migrant populations.
3. Preferred: Bilingual (Spanish/English).
4. Preferred: Familiarity with the Santa Maria Valley area.
5. Experience in program budgeting, design, implementation, and management.
6. Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
7. Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and budget management.
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
9. Computer and internet literacy; Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
10. Valid automobile insurance and a valid California Drivers License; reliable transportation to travel throughout Santa Barbara County.
11. Action-oriented and adaptable.
12. Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
13. Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
• This position is full-time, salaried/exempt.
• Benefits include: medical (Choice of HMO and PPO offered), dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 403(b) retirement plan with an annual company contribution. Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave also offered.
• The pay range for this position is $102,000 to $140,000. All levels of applicants are welcome to apply! The title for this position is commensurate with the level of education/experience of the individual applicant, and is therefore subject to change.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is required that you submit both a cover letter and resume here: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5291157
Visit our portal for other open positions: https://familyserviceagency.appone.com
Leave a Response