We have a culture of compassion, commitment, and collaboration. Leading with our vision, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) must be exceptionally talented, curious, driven, detail-oriented, and – most importantly – passionate about people and helping others succeed. 2022 is the year CommUnify is targeting to push forward an ambitious agenda of service expansion, contributed revenue growth and advocacy, bringing a new level of visibility to the organization and solutions to the issue of poverty in Santa Barbara County.
CommUnify is seeking an individual to serve as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will provide strong leadership in the financial affairs of the agency and provide guidance to its finance team of eight staff. As a member of the agency’s Executive Team, the CFO reports directly to the CEO and works in close collaboration with the Leadership Team, Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors. The CFO will be directly responsible for overseeing the agency’s operations, assets, liabilities and investments, monthly financial reporting to the Board and internal constituents, annual budgets and periodic forecasts for the agency’s 17 programs and services, as well as private funders, maximize revenues, with emphasis on program service fee billing, ensure timely tax returns/filings, develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures, and support the agency’s five-year strategic plan and other agency visioning/initiatives. New CFO Strategic Priorities and Challenges:
- Develop a strategic vision in consultation with the CEO and fiscal team to delineate fiscal priorities for optimizing effectiveness and maximizing community impact.
- Achieve strong and sustainable financial performance.
- Ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Strengthen financial policies and guidelines.
- Optimize the use of technology to ensure financial systems enable strategic and operational business decisions.
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Committed – passionate about our mission in the community and have track record of developing & motivating employees for superior performance
- Competent – possessing both solid accounting skills and a “big picture” strategic mentality
- Collaborative – ready to partner with the CEO, Executive Team and the Leadership Team to plan and execute strategic vision
- Communicative – able to speak in non-financial language, capable of coaching staff and relating well to the Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Creative – thinks outside the box, creative problem solver capable of making things possible.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field and a minimum of 7 years of professional accounting experience that includes gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. A CPA and/or MBA is preferred. Experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with leadership, resulting in the development and implementation of financial management strategies, is critical. Preferred candidates will have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources including government (federal and state) contracts. The CFO will work with the CEO, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Development Officer (CDO) to help implement our Strategic Plan, advance our organizational culture and provide financial leadership to the Leadership Team and staff by establishing financial goals and working systematically to meet those goals. Please note: CommUnify has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Contact Agency Recruiter with questions or assistance with applying OR apply directly online via our agency website.