Building Technician- Full-Time (40 hrs/week)
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art presents internationally-recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art has an opening for a Building Technician in the Facilities and Installations Department. Job duties will include: Providing set-ups for meetings and receptions; assisting the Museum Technicians with construction of gallery furnishings and installation and lighting of exhibitions; picking up supplies and distributing as needed; providing audio/visual setups and services for meetings, events and exhibitions; providing assistance with plumbing and carpentry assignments; caring for plants and landscaping; cleaning of all areas of the Museum as second custodian. Additional duties as required. Must be able to work at a busy pace, multi-task, have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic working style, with effective problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team and independently.
Requirements include: High School diploma, two years of general maintenance or in skilled trades, must have excellent mechanical abilities. Full-time paid position; requires occasional driving of Museum van, an ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 25 lbs. frequently. English verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- The position reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities and Installations.
- Hourly wage is $19.00/hour and a regular 40 hour workweek.
- Full Time status is eligible for full benefits including medical, dental, vision, pre-tax plans, life insurance, and more. Accrued vacation up to ~15 days, 32 hours paid sick leave reissued annually, and 13 paid holidays. 403b eligibility with match after a year of service, Downtown SB BikeSpot membership, and more.
- Successful Background and DMV Check is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Resumes and Cover Letters will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please email Application (preferred) to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Or fax to:
Fax: (805) 966-6840
Application (required) is located at:
www.sbma.net, under About, Careers, at the bottom of the actual job posting.
Leave a Response