Website Veggie Rescue
Nourishing our Community
As a driver for Veggie Rescue you will be collecting donated produce and some packaged food from our farmer partners, farmers markets, and other donators and delivering to organizations in our community providing food to those in need. This position is the public face of Veggie Rescue. As an ambassador of the mission of Veggie Rescue it is expected that all interactions while working are friendly and courteous. This includes being a safe and courteous driver.
· Pick-up and deliveries during normal scheduled days and some on call.
· Maintaining vehicle cleanliness, both outside and inside.
· Assist in fleet maintenance including filling out inspections sheets every two weeks, making know any problems that need immediate attention, and delivering vehicles for maintenance appointments as requested.
· Promote a positive image for Veggie Rescue, by being friendly and engaging with both donors and recipient organizations.
· Be familiar with the needs of the recipient organizations and their programs. Engage them in conversation to learn as much as possible about how they accomplish their mission.
· Maintain frequent and open communications with the Operations Coordinator, as well as the Executive Director and Administrator as needed. Be responsive to calls and text messages.
· Attend all scheduled bi-monthly meetings.
· Keep the fleet area at the ranch in a clean condition.
· Keep the black food crates used for food transportation clean and ready for use.
· All food picked up and all food delivered is required to be weighed and pounds by donor and recipient carefully tracked.
· Clean Driving record
· Ability to lift 50 pounds plus bending and twisting repeatedly
· Open and transparent communication skills
· Can work independently
· Desire to help others
· Very responsible
· Familiarity with using cell phone to call, text and navigate
· Use careful lifting techniques to prevent injury
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com