Website Standing Together to End Sexual Assault
Community Education Coordinator
Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA) is looking for an energetic community education coordinator with the ability to engage and conduct presentations with various segments of the community about sexual assault awareness and its prevention. The ideal candidate is skillful and tactful in managing conversations with the public and can develop a positive rapport and trust with the community. The community education coordinator serves as STESA’s point of contact with media and other public relations. The candidate can write effective press releases and deliver key messages on social media to elevate STESA’s mission and vision. At STESA, each staff person is valued and considered an integral part of the organization. A self-starter, creative and empathetic individual with the ability to work with a diverse student, staff, volunteer, and community on a day-to-day basis.
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Healthcare Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Employee Retirement through SIMPLE IRA
Supervisor: Executive Director
ADMINISTRATION OF PROGRAMS
- Set standards and provide leadership for the Community Education and Self-defense Programs. Responsible for the coordination of the Community Education and Self-defense Programs.
- Conduct community education and sexual assault prevention presentations.
- Ensure the development and implementation of recruitment strategies for obtaining volunteers from diverse segments of the community.
- Compile and review the accuracy of quarterly statistical reports regarding Community Education Programs.
- Maintain administrative files about the Community Education Programs.
MARKETING & RESOURCES:
- Ensure that information about STESA’s services is available to the public in a uniform manner to promote STESA logo and identified marks.
- Ensure the implementation of the Media Protocol.
- Maintain a current media list.
- Collect and maintain written, audio, visual information concerning sexual assault.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of all program-related written materials.
- Ensure timely updates and posting on STESA’s social media accounts.
STAFF SUPERVISION & VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT:
- Prepare and facilitate the Speakers’ Bureau Trainings.
- Ensure appropriate supervision and training of Speakers’ Bureau Members regularly.
- Update Speaker’s Bureau Training Manual every year.
- Ensure appropriate supervision and training of Self-defense Instructors.
- Attend training and research on the subject of sexual assault as necessary to enhance skills and increase knowledge base.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with coalitions and community groups to ensure successful coalition building.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect among staff and volunteers.
STESA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bilingual Spanish/English REQUIRED.
- BA or greater required, preferably in education, marketing, sociology, or related field.
- Excellent public speaking skills, including interface with media.
- Excellent public relations skills. Considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Completion of CI Training within 3 months of hire (STESA will provide this training). Working knowledge of and sensitivity to issues related to sexual violence.
- Knowledge of issues pertinent to marginalized communities. Experience in developing educational programs that address the needs of these communities.
- Experience in working effectively with staff, volunteers, and/or community agencies of diverse political, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and coordinate the efforts of others in a positive manner.
- Strong skills in volunteer management, recruitment, training, and retention.
- Well organized with excellent skills in time management & attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of statistics and statistical gathering methods.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft suite. Strong Internet research skills. Well-versed in the use of social media.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. Ability to drive safely and in compliance with all applicable laws while on STESA business.
Resume deadline: Open until filled.
An employment application can be found at https://sbstesa.org/careers/. Submit the employment application along with a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
E. Granados, Executive Director
To apply for this job please visit sbstesa.org.