Play in our world. Live in your imagination.
Makerspace Pioneer (STEAM Facilitator)
Part Time (10-16 hours per week)
The Discovery Museum is looking for enthusiastic and outgoing individuals to assist in facilitating play in the museum’s exhibits. Makerspace Pioneer provide outstanding guest service by engaging with guests of all ages and providing a safe environment to all who visit the museum. Shifts range from 10 to 16 hours per week, occurring during weekday mornings, afternoons, as well as Saturdays and Sundays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in and introduce them to the space. If they are new, encourage them to explore the room and ask questions. Offer any program calendars or flyers available.
- Anticipate and respond to visitor needs by providing accurate and helpful information about the Makerspace and its offerings
- Make the extra effort to find information and/or provide assistance to guests’ questions and/or needs. Proactively and continuously finds way to enhance the guest experience
- Prep the Makerspace area for any meetings or camps that may take place in the room.
- Properly store materials that are needed for workshops or future programs
- Monitor space for safety and cleanliness, including restocking supplies and general pick up
- Enforce all Makerspace manners and policies
- Assist in the facilitation of educational programs and activities
- Assist in the group arrival and departure process
- Perform all opening and closing duties for Makerspace
- Light cleaning of space
- Assist in hosting birthday parties or field trips
- Occasionally assist with special events and offsite promotions
- Perform other duties as required by management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Prior guest service experience is preferred
- Ability to interact with guests of all ages, especially young children
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Commitment to outstanding guest service and teamwork
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Flexible schedule is preferred
To Apply: Go to https://hancockcollege.jobspeaker.com/#/jobboard/job/jobspeaker-RrH0wrKfOi8
To apply for this job please visit hancockcollege.jobspeaker.com.