Play in our world. Live in your imagination.
Discovery Adventurer (Volunteer Museum Docent)
Part Time (10-25 hours per week)
The Discovery Museum is looking for enthusiastic and outgoing individuals to assist in facilitating play in the museum’s exhibits. Discovery Adventurers provide outstanding guest service by engaging with guests of all ages and providing a safe environment to all who visit the museum. Shifts range from 10 to 25 hours per week, occurring during weekday mornings, afternoons, as well as Saturdays and Sundays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warmly greet all visitors by creating a welcoming and friendly environment
- Anticipate and respond to visitor needs by providing accurate and helpful information about the Museum and its offerings
- Make the extra effort to find information and/or provide assistance to guests’ questions and/or needs. Proactively and continuously finds way to enhance the guest experience.
- Move throughout assigned exhibits, proactively assisting guests with questions, and interacting with them regarding the exhibits and associated educational content
- Monitor exhibits for safety and cleanliness, including restocking supplies and picking up toys and props
- Enforce all museum manners and museum policies
- Assist in the facilitation of educational programs and activities
- Assist in the group arrival and departure process
- Perform all opening and closing duties for exhibits
- Light cleaning of exhibit props and costumes
- Prepare supplies and materials for art projects
- Assist in hosting birthday parties and field trips
- Occasionally assist with special events and offsite promotions
- Perform other duties as required by management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Prior guest service experience is preferred
- Ability to interact with guests of all ages, especially young children
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Commitment to outstanding guest service and teamwork
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Flexible schedule is preferred
To Apply: Go to https://hancockcollege.jobspeaker.com/#/jobboard/job/jobspeaker-1H5pf5QkVDE
To apply for this job please visit hancockcollege.jobspeaker.com.