Website Santa Barbara Foundation
The mission of the Santa Barbara Foundation (SBF) is to mobilize collective wisdom and philanthropic capital to build empathetic, inclusive and resilient communities.
We are seeking a full-time, nonexempt Community Engagement Coordinator to join our Grantmaking team. This position is based in our Santa Maria office and reports directly to our Program Manager.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
All applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and completed copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
Based out of SBF’s Santa Maria (North County) office, the Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) provides administrative support to the Program Manager out of that same office, with key support to the Foundation’s Focus Areas and other community-based initiatives. The Coordinator also provides grantmaking, project and administrative support to the entire Community Engagement division. Lastly, the Coordinator is accountable for the smooth running of the North County office. These office responsibilities encompass about 25% of this role.
· Provide scheduling and follow-up support to the Program Manager.
· Provide grantmaking, administrative and logistical support to Program Manager and Community Engagement division. This includes and isn’t limited to work with the partnerships and collaborations involved with the Foundation’s community-based initiatives and focus areas.
· Attend informational meetings as assigned to represent the department, occasionally in place of the Program Manager. Gather and organize information, action items and contacts collected while in attendance. Execute any necessary follow-up.
· Coordinate meetings for the Program Manager and department with attendees such as local community leaders, grantees or community partners.
· Coordinate with Director of Grantmaking and Program Manager, in support of special projects and other departmental goals.
· Input, update and maintain the integrity of data in Granted Edge, Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge. Access relational databases to extract information and reports supporting research and special requests.
· Assist or lead in the preparation of grantee reports, e.g. those related to outcomes, grant histories, compliance, etc. Use databases or spreadsheets to support work.
· Maintain committee records and assist in the preparation of reports by gathering and summarizing information from a variety of sources. Carefully handle sensitive and confidential information that may come up as part of committee proceedings.
· In collaboration with SBF’s PS team, support donor outreach and engagement.
· Review, edit, and provide feedback on materials produced by others for completeness and conformance with established SBF and departmental standards.
· Research information and synthesize into well-constructed memos and other written communication.
Office Coordination duties:
· Answer, screen and field calls and emails to and from the North County Office and department.
· General meeting and event setup: table and chair configuration, food purchase and arrangement, prepare name tags etc.
· Maintain the reception area to ensure effective and professional telephone and mail communications.
· Greet guests promptly and courteously.
· Assist with other departments’ tasks, as requested, and approved by the Program Manager.
· Maintain conference room calendars.
· Monitor FedEx and UPS pick-up and delivery, postage meter and fax machine.
· Distribute mail.
· Order and maintain inventory levels for office, kitchen, and bathroom supplies.
· Ensure kitchen and common areas are clean and free of clutter at the close of business each day.
· Perform opening and closing duties, including locking, and unlocking doors.
· Keep Program Manager abreast of any updates, issues or pending items pertaining to the general office operations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Highly detail oriented.
· Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and comfortable learning new software.
· Desire to produce excellent work, hold oneself accountable and take responsibility for assigned work and projects.
· Very good writing skills.
· Good interpersonal communication skills.
· Work up to 40 hours per week with potential overtime (over eight hours in one day or 40 hours in one week).
· Team player with a positive can-do attitude who can also work independently and exercise good judgement.
· Ability to communicate with all positions within the organization.
· Ability to address competing priorities in a changing environment.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to work within deadlines with acute attention to detail.
· Ability to maintain an even-keel and professional demeanor in fast-paced, changing and challenging. situations.
· Ability to notate and synthesize large amounts of information and communicate it verbally or in writing.
· Ability to work occasional after hours’ events or to work a partial day and return for a later shift, e.g. evening event.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience working in grantmaking or with Foundations.
· Experience working with constituent management systems.
· Two or more years’ experience in a fast-paced, professional environment.
Dog-friendly office building.
Ability to telecommute. Must provide own, modem, router and internet connection.
General office environment – open office space, no door.
Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of light loads (10lbs.).
Intermittent travel within Santa Barbara County.
Please note that due to COVID-19 this position, along with the rest of our staff, will partially telecommute until it is safe for all staff to return to our offices. Once our offices reopen fully, this position will be based out of our Santa Maria office.
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.