Website Santa Barbara Foundation
We are seeking a Program Associate to join our stellar Grantmaking team! The Associate will report directly to our Program Manager.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position. This role may be based out of our Santa Maria or Santa Barbara office, depending on the candidate.
Successful candidates will have strong administrative support experience and enjoy supporting the work of others. Additionally, great candidates will be good writers who are detail-oriented, experienced in data entry, organized and great team-players.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
All applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and completed copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Program Associate provides general administrative and grants support to the Foundation’s grantmaking programs, initiatives and community engagement activities.
- Provide general administrative support to the Grantmaking Team.
- Process grant requests from intake to close, including data entry, spreadsheet creation and tracking, grantee correspondence, payment processing, follow up on reporting requirements and document retention.
- Cultivate positive relationships with the public and organizations seeking information regarding the Foundation’s various funding opportunities.
- Maintain the grants database for accurate and efficient record keeping and reporting.
- Provide support for internal and external meetings, outreach events and convenings, including: scheduling, logistics, catering, reservations, material and audiovisual preparation and note taking.
- Maintain the integrity of the Foundation’s digital filing system.
- Maintain and suggest updates to the grants management manual, procedural workflow and grants program timeline.
- Provide technical assistance to agencies concerning the Foundation’s grantmaking policies and application procedures.
- Participate in staff and departmental meetings.
- Keep Outlook calendar updated as per SBF standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Outlook, and Adobe Suite.
- Strong analytical and proof-reading skills.
- Work up to 40 hours per week with potential overtime (over eight hours in one day or 40 hours in one week).
- Dependable and prompt, adhering to a regular office schedule as set forth by supervisor.
- Able to prioritize assigned duties within time constraints while staying organized.
- Self-directed, with a desire and willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and willing to improve further.
- A professional, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and demeanor.
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse populations including staff, agency representatives and volunteers.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend Foundation events.
- Understand and adhere to high standards of service and integrity; able to exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a progressively advancing administrative support role.
- Must possess a CA driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable relevant experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database preferred.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- General office environment.
- Open office space or shared office space.
- Some telecommuting, must provide own router, modem and internet connection.
- Dogs (pets) intermittently on the premises, weekly. See our Pet Policy for more information.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Some driving travel within the county and occasional travel outside of the county (via car or plane).
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting/pushing of light to heavy loads (10lbs. to more than 50 lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, up to 13 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls.