Website Santa Barbara Foundation
We are seeking a temporary, part-time (20-30 hours per week) Grants Coordinator to join our Philanthropic Services team and oversee a specific funding program. This position reports to the Director of Donor Relations.
Candidates with governmental experience or experience applying for and/or writing grants in a highly detailed, administrative setting are encouraged to apply! We are looking to fill this role as soon as reasonably possible, though with the right candidate.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
ALL applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and completed copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
The part-time, temporary Grants Coordinator will oversee a specific funding program as part of the Philanthropic Services team. Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, the Coordinator will perform highly detailed, administrative work that includes data entry, review and written and verbal communication. The Coordinator will use excellent judgement and know when to ask for help and/or loop in the Director or division lead.
· Grant administration – oversee the distribution of funding to Santa Barbara businesses and micro-enterprises.
· Data entry and data oversight, i.e. collecting and maintaining data and overseeing the administration of this specific grant program.
· Communicate with other SBF staff and external stakeholders with regard to this grant program.
· Remain on top of every issue related to the administration process, communicating issues, questions and, when necessary, escalating items to Director of Donor Relations or division lead when intervention is needed.
· Extremely detail-oriented and patient.
· Successful experience overseeing a similar process with a high degree of independence.
· Great with follow through and desire to take accountability for catching every detail, no matter how tedious.
· Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills – knows when to seek support/guidance from supervisor.
· Technically savvy and able to digest a large amount of information quickly, knowing when to ask the right questions.
· Strong written and verbal communicator who can provide examples of successfully implementing these skills.
· Comfortable communicating at all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
· Experienced in governmental bureaucratic process, especially grant making, processes.
· General office environment, open office space or shared office space.
· Telecommuting – working from home. Must have reliable modem, router, internet connection and phone.
· Dogs (pets) intermittently on the premises, weekly.
· Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
· Some driving travel within the county and occasional travel outside of the county (via car or plane).
· Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting/pushing of light to heavy loads (10lbs. to more than 50 lbs.) Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing)
Please note that due to COVID-19 this position, along with the rest of our staff, will mainly telecommute until it is safe for all staff to return to our offices. Once our offices reopen fully, this position will be based out of our Santa Barbara office.
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Pay is $19.50 per hour, with potential for a slightly higher rate DOE. Paid holidays and Sick time are provided for this temporary role. No calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit www.sbfoundation.org.