Website Santa Barbara Foundation
The mission of the Santa Barbara Foundation (SBF) is to mobilize collective wisdom and philanthropic capital to build empathetic, inclusive and resilient communities.
We are seeking a full-time, exempt Learning and Evaluation Manager to join our Community Engagement Division. This position reports directly to our Vice President, Programs.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
ALL applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and completed copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
This position reports to the Vice President, Programs and collaborates with all three divisions of SBF: Community Engagement, Philanthropic Services, and Finance & Administration. The Manager will support the development and implementation of program, organizational and department evaluation. This includes monitoring practices for continuous quality improvement and technical assistance. A key component of the Manager’s role will be overseeing evaluation contracts, conducting research and evaluations, supporting Community Engagement and Philanthropic Services staff in integrating best practices, and the design and implementation of evaluation activities as appropriate.
· In coordination with the Vice President, Programs, implement best practices in the areas of evaluation and learning.
· Design, develop and deploy tools, protocols and procedures for data collection and performance monitoring, as well as baseline, midline, and endline surveys, as needed.
· Work closely with the Senior Solutions Developer and the Data Administrator to develop systems to establish, document, and track grants and donor data across program activities.
· Lead high-quality report preparation, capturing results of key activities and indicators to ensure that information is complete and verified for timely submission to the donor.
· Selection, oversight and monitoring of research and evaluation contracts. Acts as the key contact for evaluation vendors, tracking expenses and timelines, providing support, feedback, clarification etc.
· Leading and managing program-level evaluation of higher-level outcomes and theories of change.
· Convene evaluation and learning advisory teams or committees and participate in relevant community research projects.
· Maintain subject matter expertise in emerging evaluation strategies. Support the development and implementation of culturally competent, sensitive, and responsive evaluation standards and procedures.
· Provide technical guidance to staff on collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and interpreting results for various research, evaluation and quality improvement projects.
· Aid and/or lead engagement strategies designed to support community organizations or other external groups and technical assistance activities; work with Director of the CSI to identify evaluation resources from the nonprofit sector, including educational webinars.
· Assist in grant proposal development and writing, including conducting background research and conceptualizing evaluation work plans and logic models.
· Assist in organizational strategic planning, including developing and implementing needs assessments, conducting and presenting secondary data analysis on community demographics/characteristics and Foundation priority areas.
· Keep Outlook calendar up to date as per SBF standard.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative social science research methods, including surveys, data analysis, and focus groups.
· Supervisory experience and the ability to oversee multiple contract vendors at the same time.
· A systems thinker who can provide examples of successfully utilizing this skill in previous work.
· Project management skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities.
· Self-motivated, guided and disciplined in managing time to ensure success.
· Satisfactory knowledge of data collection software (such as Qualtrics or KoBo), statistical packages (such as SPSS) and dashboard applications (such as Tableau, or Microsoft Power BI).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Public Administration, Evaluation or related degree.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to distill complicated information for a variety of audiences and purposes.
· Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Ability to conduct independent research.
· Ability to solve complex problems using in house tools.
· Experience working in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated Master’s degree in a relevant field.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Access.
· Familiarity with statistical software.
· Familiarity with the Blackbaud suite.
· General office environment, open office space or shared office space.
· Telecommuting – working from home. Must have reliable modem, router, internet connection and phone.
· Dogs (pets) intermittently on the premises, weekly.
· Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
· Some driving travel within the county and occasional travel outside of the county (via car or plane).
· Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting/pushing of light to heavy loads (10lbs. to more than 50 lbs.) Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing)
Please note that due to COVID-19 this position, along with the rest of our staff, will partially telecommute until it is safe for all staff to return to our offices. Once our offices reopen fully, this position will be based out of our Santa Barbara office.
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits and more!
Please submit your resume, cover letter and completed employment application to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit www.sbfoundation.org.