Collaborating With and For the Marginalized
SB ACT is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented coordinator. The Program Coordinator will be part of a small team responsible for driving SB ACT’s work forward, in particular supporting day-to-day communications, administration, community engagement, and data functions.
- Supporting SB ACT staff in scheduling and maintaining a master calendar;
- Scheduling SB ACT meetings with director, staff, committees, teams, and prospective donors;
- Supporting collection, analysis, and dissemination of program data;
- Preparing, assembling and making committee meeting agendas and materials available in a timely manner;
- Preparing and/or creating and disseminating materials for and to partners; i.e., reports, spread sheets, memos, PowerPoint and meeting follow-up documents as requested;
- Supporting planning and activation of annual and special events such as the annual fundraiser and community gatherings;
- Supporting ad hoc projects such as surveys, special mailings, scheduling times/dates/space;
- Participating in job-related educational or training events as requested; and
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the Administrative Manager.
- Planning and managing logistics of, and attending, community events;
- Facilitating monthly email newsletters
- Developing communications materials for collaboratives and programs, potentially including summary documents, brochures, FAQs, and other items;
- Contributing to website design, maintaining content management system, updating with current project and event information;
- Updating social media content through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc;
- Compiling and/or taking photos, maintaining galleries on website, designing photo displays;
- Developing web and social media strategy; and
- Compiling and maintaining list of press clippings.
Working on collaborative programs:
- Developing and maintaining a list of community partners and upcoming events;
- Organizing outreach against that list of community partners and upcoming events, including following-up as needed;
- Administration and coordination of meetings per the directives of the Director of Initiatives & Collaborative Facilitators;
- Working with Director of Initiatives & Collaborative Facilitators to update outreach strategy as new needs emerge;
- Working with Director of Initiatives & Collaborative Facilitators to coordinate with other related projects and coalitions (i.e., in the same field) to maintain a full understanding of the current landscape of local and regional activities, and integrating their work into program processes;
- Supporting planning and coordination of a program and its activities;
- Ensuring implementation of policies and practices;
- Managing communications of project through media relations, social media etc.;
- Keeping all members of the team up-to-date with relevant project information;
- Communicate with team members to ensure maximum efficiency;
- Keeping updated records and creating reports or proposals; and
- Supporting growth and program development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or
- At least 5 years relevant experience in management, coordination, and project oversight
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience working with those experiencing homelessness preferred
Compensation & benefits
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience (approx. $40-50k/yr) and/or education. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance + telephone for employees plus 10 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org