Supporting people in living the life they choose
Are you looking for a meaningful career where you can make a positive difference in peoples’ lives? Do you like being a team player and working closely with others in a fun and creative environment? Do you have any special talents or skills that you can share with others to enrich their lives? If you found yourself answering “yes!” to these questions, then you may be the ideal person for joining our day program team!
PathPoint is seeking a part-time Direct Support Professional to join our Community Access Project (CAP) team in Santa Barbara, CA. CAP is a state-of-the art program that provides skills training and support to adults with moderate to severe physical and developmental disabilities.
As a Direct Support Professional, you will teach a variety of skills on community outings and in virtual and in-person classrooms. The fun curriculum includes art and music classes, recreation therapy (including yoga, stretching and bowling), cooking classes, adaptive technology, and more. We’re looking for creative and compassionate people who are teachers at heart, and we encourage you to bring your own ideas for new curriculum!
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 10:00am-3:00pm. Paid training and CPR/First Aid certification is provided. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in a career in nursing, caregiving, or a related field. Additionally, there are opportunities for advancement for staff who stay with the organization. If you join our team, you can look forward to working in a compassionate and encouraging environment.
Why Work At PathPoint:
- Culture of kindness, compassion and respect
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community every day
- $250 hiring bonus and 4-8 hours of Wellness Time (Mental Health Day) for job offers accepted by July 31, 2021, earned after 60 days of employment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance*
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year*
- Paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays*
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Voluntary wellness program with cash rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
*Benefits noted with an asterisk are for full-time employees regularly scheduled for 30+ hours per week.
- Teach individuals skills to help them lead more independent lives, including mobility, money management, and public transportation.
- Supervise individuals during hours of instruction and on community outings.
- Build friendly and professional rapport with individuals and act as a positive role model for work habits, communication skills, and social skills.
- Prepare weekly schedules, monthly training projections, and written progress reports.
- Assist individuals with personal care/activities of daily living, including feeding, toileting, changing briefs, and transferring.
- High school diploma or GED is required. BA/BS in Psychology, Education, or related field is preferred.
- Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities as a caregiver or DSP is desirable but not required. If you are interested in this job but do not have directly relevant experience, we’d still love to hear from you!
- Must pass pre-employment Live Scan DOJ fingerprint background check, TB screening and basic health screening.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and be eligible for coverage on PathPoint’s auto insurance policy.
- Ability to endure physical activities such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable assisting individuals with personal care/activities of daily living.
Compensation and Benefit Package: $15.00-$15.40 per hour. Benefits for part-time employees include paid sick time; wellness program with cash rewards; 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint: PathPoint, a non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. PathPoint serves over 2,000 individuals annually in five counties of Central and Southern California: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, and Kern.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.