Supporting people in living the life they choose
PathPoint’s Residential Support Services (RSS) team is seeking a full-time Outreach Specialist to work with clients who are formerly homeless or have mental health diagnoses in Santa Barbara, CA. In this position, you will explore education, employment and volunteer opportunities with your clients while supporting them in their sobriety, independent living and behavioral wellness goals. This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with mild-to-moderate mental health conditions and is capable of managing a caseload, holding individual sessions, facilitating groups and visiting clients as needed. This position requires a positive outlook with the ability to listen mindfully and build trust quickly so that clients are inspired to work with you. Outreach Specialists use advanced communication skills to engage even the most avoidant clients. Your caseload of clients will include those with medical complications and physical disabilities.
Why Work At PathPoint:
- Culture of kindness, compassion and respect
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year
- Paid sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary wellness program with cash rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Supervision hours for Associate Marriage and Family Therapists (AMFT)
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or Master’s degree (MA) in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field is preferred; High School Diploma/GED and four years’ related experience is acceptable
- Prior experience in mental health field, homeless outreach or substance use recovery is required
- Must be legally able to bill Medi-Cal
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, satisfactory driving record, be eligible for coverage on PathPoint’s auto insurance policy, and have regular use of a vehicle
- Must receive a criminal record clearance through the DOJ and pass pre-employment health and TB screenings
Compensation and Benefits: $19.50/hour. PathPoint offers a generous benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, and sick time; a 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; Flexible Spending Accounts; a wellness program with cash rewards; a free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint: PathPoint supports people in living the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. PathPoint is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that serves over 2,000 individuals annually in five counties of Central and Southern California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.