Supporting people in living the life they choose
Are you looking for a meaningful career where you can make a positive difference in peoples’ lives? Do you enjoy teaching others and seeing them succeed? Does the idea of working outdoors in beautiful Santa Barbara sound appealing to you? If so, PathPoint’s Integrated Work team may be just right for you!
PathPoint is seeking a full-time Job Coach to join our Day Services team in Santa Barbara, CA. You will be working in Integrated Work, a community-based day program with both work and recreational components. In this role, you will provide on-the job coaching to adults with developmental disabilities as they learn and develop work skills, with the goal of working more independently. This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8am-3:30pm.
Why Work At PathPoint:
- Culture of kindness, compassion and respect
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community every day
- $250 hiring bonus and 8 hours of Wellness Time (Mental Health Day) for job offers accepted by July 31, 2021, earned after 60 days of employment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance*
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year*
- Paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays*
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Voluntary wellness program with cash rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
*Benefits noted with an asterisk are for full-time employees regularly scheduled for 30+ hours per week.
- Supervise and support a group of individuals while they are working at various job sites in the community, ensuring their safety at all times. Observe their abilities and identify any areas for improvement. Provide feedback, assistance, and creative solutions to increase productivity and encourage positive work behavior.
- Develop and implement an individualized plan for coaching individuals to work more independently, and write regular progress reports.
- Collaborate with employers and community partners to ensure that partner expectations and agreements are met. Act as a liaison between employers and individuals when needed.
- High school diploma or GED is required. BA/BS in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities as a caregiver or DSP is desirable but not required. If you are interested in this job but do not have directly relevant experience, we’d still love to hear from you!
- Must pass pre-employment DOJ fingerprint background check, TB screening and basic health screening.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and be eligible for coverage on PathPoint’s auto insurance policy.
- Ability to perform the physical and mental activities of the job, including lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds with or without assistance, operating computer, telephone, and office equipment, performing basic mathematical calculations, and driving regularly for work purposes.
Compensation and Benefits: $15.00-$15.40 per hour. Employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible for our generous benefits package, which includes medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 10 holidays, and sick time; wellness program with cash rewards; Flexible Spending Accounts; 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match; free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint: PathPoint, a non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.