Supporting people in living the life they choose
PathPoint, a nonprofit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. PathPoint supports over 2,700 individuals annually in five counties of Central and Southern California.
PathPoint is seeking a Behavioral Health Program Director to lead our licensed residential programs in Santa Barbara, CA. Reporting to the Executive Director of Behavioral Health, the Program Director ensures the quality and effectiveness of our programs at Phoenix House and Mountain House, two board and care facilities for adults with mental health diagnoses. In this role, you will lead a team of Program Coordinators and Residential Counselors and cultivate a caring, client-centered atmosphere.
This is a wonderful and rewarding leadership opportunity where you will work with a compassionate team, collaborate with external partners, and make a difference every day. Please include a cover letter when applying. We want to hear your voice and why you are interested in this position.
Our ideal candidate is…
- A passionate and optimistic leader who inspires respect and trust
- A problem solver who thrives on challenges and can offer creative solutions
- A skilled diplomat who is collaborative and a great listener
- Client-centered in all interactions and decisions
- Sincerely committed to PathPoint’s mission
- Develops policies, procedures, workflow processes, and measurable goals for the programs; monitors, documents, and reports on the performance of the programs and on progress toward established objectives.
- Ensures compliance with SB County Behavioral Wellness contract, Community Care Licensing (CCL) regulations, and Medi-Cal requirements.
- Provides leadership, supervision and direction to a team of up to 20-25 staff.
- Coordinates admissions for all 26 beds between Mountain House and Phoenix House.
- Serves as Clinician’s Gateway note reviewer; in collaboration with Program Coordinators, establishes clinical note expectations for staff.
- Manages operating expenses and capital expenditures within the approved budget; contributes to budget development.
- Actively participates as a member of the Behavioral Health division’s management team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working with clients with mental illness required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Community Care Licensing regulations required.
- Must pass pre-employment Live Scan DOJ fingerprint background check, TB screening and health screening.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record, regular use of a vehicle with current registration and insurance, and be eligible for coverage on PathPoint’s auto insurance policy.
Compensation and Benefit Package: This is a full-time exempt position starting at $62,000+ per year. PathPoint offers a generous benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 12 holidays, and sick time; 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; Flexible Spending Accounts; wellness program with cash rewards; a free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance. For employees pursuing MFT licensure, we also offer supervision hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.