Website PATH- People Assisting The Homeless
Our mission is to end homelessness.
Clinical Case Manager
Santa Barbara, CA
Salary: $26.92/hr – $28.85/hr DOE
WHAT IS A CLINICAL CASE MANAGER?
The Clinical Case Manager works as part of the Permanent Supportive Housing program’s multidisciplinary team to provide clinical case management and support to individuals in the program. The Clinical Case Manager will be responsible for completing biopsychosocial assessments, solution focused treatment including individual therapy directly in the field and crisis intervention when needed/ As part of the team the Clinician will attend community and home visits, assist with community integration and improving quality of life for program participants.
The Clinical Case Manager will assist in developing weekly case conferencing to go over the clinical needs of the program participants and will work directly with the program staff to develop triage and acuity tools to ensure the appropriate level of care for each individual. On an as needed basis, the Clinician will also provide clinical supervision to master level clinicians registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION
The following management’s definition of essential functions for this job does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions:
– Performing initial biopsychosocial assessments to evaluate needs and appropriate interventions and services
– Collaborating with clients to develop individualized care plans that address short- and long-term goals
– Meeting with clients on a frequent and as-needed basis to provide therapeutic supportive case management services that address barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing
– Conducting crisis and suicide risk assessments and providing crisis intervention services that work to enhance client independence
– Identifying permanent supportive housing units and working closely with individuals to move them from the street to home as quickly and smoothly as possible
WHAT YOU BRING
We’re looking for candidates that:
– Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
– Have experience in homeless services or a related social services field with strong skills in case conferencing, program development and implementation and development of policies and procedures
– Are familiar and comfortable with working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health and history of trauma
– Have experience with psychosocial assessment, co-occurring or tri-morbid conditions, field-based case management interventions, housing first and critical time intervention practices, harm reduction and motivational interviewing strategies and crisis intervention
– Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
– Work just as well independently as they do on a team
– Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
– Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
– Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Clinical Case Manager must:
– Have a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) or Marriage Family Therapist (MFT) with at least two years of experience providing case management services in a non-profit, for profit, government, or public service environment
– Be registered with the California Board of Behavioral Science
– Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
– Have employment eligibility verification
– Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First AID training
– Have reliable transportation and:
– A valid driver’s license
– Auto insurance
– The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
– Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
– Tuberculosis Test
– Background Screening
– Drug Test
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please email your resume + cover letter directly to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org