POSITION: Client Advocate (Lompoc)
SALARY: $20.00 per hour to start (Bilingual Spanish/English a MUST, pay rate includes bilingual pay rate), paid vacation and sick time.
Generous Monthly Stipend
HOURS: 40 hours per week
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING: Please return application with your current resume and a cover letter that tells us why you believe you will be a good fit with the agency and position. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Applications can be found on our website: www.sbcountyrapecrisis.org
RETURN APPLICATION PACKET TO: NCRCCPC
Attn: Finance/HR Director
P.O. Box 148
Lompoc, CA 93438-0148
1. Responsible for providing advocacy services to victims of crime while based at Lompoc Police Department.
2. Receive and review police reports: maintain accurate client records and documentation.
3. Accompany victims through interviews and court process as needed.
4. Assist victims with applications for restraining orders as needed.
5. Assist with 24-hour Hotline coverage.
1. College degree or related experience required.
2. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
3. Completion of volunteer training upon hire.
4. Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
5. Ability to work well with children, adults, elderly, and disabled individuals.
6. Organizational and time management skills.
7. Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues regarding sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse.
8. Sensitivity and ability to deal with persons of different cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
9. Flexibility regarding work hours; availability to assist with 24-hour hotline coverage.
10. Valid drivers license, insurance and working vehicle and telephone required.
The North County Rape Crisis and Child Protection Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), or disability (medical and physical, including HIV and AIDS), and denial of family medical care leave and pregnancy leave. This policy applies to staff, volunteers, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com