Website Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
JOB TITLE Grants and Development Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Hours: Full time Monday – Friday, occasional weekends/after hour events
Non-Exempt, Full Benefits, Santa Barbara
The grants and development coordinator has responsibilities related to organizational fundraising, primarily writing grants for a portfolio of foundation donors, managing events and supporting the development department as needed. The Grants and Development Coordinator is an integral part of a countywide Development Department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Write powerful and effective grants and cultivate, solicit, steward and track a portfolio of 100+ foundations and other contacts in order to increase giving.
2. Manage merch program including coordination with third party fulfillment vendor.
3. Assist with other fundraising events as needed.
4. Ensure brand alignment and consistency across a variety of content.
5. Conceive, plan and execute a variety of special projects and events.
6. Provide departmental support with administrative duties, mailings, data processing and marketing needs.
7. Other duties as assigned or delegated.
8. Track all fundraising activities in Salesforce.
9. Effectively communicate the organization’s vision and values while representing the organization in a professional manner at outreach events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Graduation from a 4 year college or equivalent experience
· 2 years of grant writing experience, or equivalent experience
· Experience in graphic design a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to meet deadlines while managing a multitude of tasks
· Proficient in written and verbal communication skills, including comfort with making presentations
· Ability to work in a team and various departments in an organization; Interact with diplomacy, professionalism and tact amid influential donors and diverse groups
· Knowledge of fundraising profession and best practices with demonstrated track-record of meeting financial goals
· Proficient in the Microsoft Suite software and familiarity with Constituent Relationship Management software
· General tech savvy, able to learn online platforms quickly
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and a writing sample to Nathalie Keller at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org