Website Ensemble Theatre Company of Santa Barbara
ENSEMBLE THEATRE COMPANY of SANTA BARBARA
BOOKKEEPER JOB DESCRIPTION
Ensemble Theatre Company of Santa Barbara (ETC) is looking for a Bookkeeper who will be
responsible for weekly accounting operations, monthly financial reconciliations and analysis
reports, and all year-end reports necessary for the annual audit and tax returns for the
Ensemble Theatre Company of Santa Barbara and the ETC-Foundation, a supporting
organization of ETC. The Bookkeeper will report directly to ETC’s Managing Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable,
accounts receivable and deposits.
• Process weekly payroll with Paychex to insure ETC is in compliance with federal and
• Manage all changes made in payroll system and track vacation and sick time.
• Prepare weekly Cash Flow reports
• Prepare month-end journal entries and reconcile all bank accounts and other general
ledger accounts, as necessary.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation between Tessitura reports and QuickBooks of donations,
rental and shop income and ticket sales.
• Prepare internal and external financial position and activities.
• Generate timely payments to Actors Equity and Theatrical Agents.
• Prepare year-end audit/review schedules for annual combined audit for ETC and the ETC
Foundation, tax returns for ETC and the 401(k) Form 5500.
• Work closely with ETC’s Audit Committee and the external auditor during the yearly
• Assist with development of ETC’s annual operating budget and track income and
expenses against the budget.
• Conduct other periodic reporting as needed for funding proposals and final reports.
• Research any accounting matters related to specific transactions or changes in
accounting policy that may arise.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree preferred.
Minimum 5 years of related accounting work experience.
Possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and nonprofit reporting
Strong computer knowledge, proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, QuickBooks,
Outlook, and payroll systems. Knowledge of Tessitura highly valued.
Have outstanding written and oral communications skills.
Email cover letter and resume to
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org