Dream Foundation, the only national Dream-granting organization for terminally ill adults and their families, is hiring a bilingual, vaccinated Dream Program Specialist. As we are expanding our service area to include Puerto Rico, we will only consider bilingual applicants.
The Dream Program Specialist (DPS) plans Dreams for the Dream Program, is involved in outreach to connect with referral sources and assists in all duties at the reception as needed. His or her responsibility is to assist in the fulfillment of Dreams, based on organizational goals and objectives, ensuring that our client base is served with the highest standards possible. The Program Specialist also identifies, establishes, and maintains relationships with Dream referral sources, including hospices, social workers, nurses, hospitals, palliative care doctors, Veteran Affairs offices, veteran’s organizations, and other military referral sources. As opportunities arise, she/he will make presentations in person or via video conference to educate and promote the awareness of Dream Foundation programs within medical, military and hospice communities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Thoroughly understanding all policies, guidelines and the Dream-granting process
– Answering referral calls
– Contacting Dream recipients to discuss their Dreams (via phone)
– Soliciting in-kind support for Dreams (donations or discounts)
– Identifying appropriate Dreams for media campaigns
– Coordinating all logistics and scheduling for Dreams
– Keeping electronic records of each Dream, including all contributions
– Facilitating thank-you letters to all contributors and volunteers
– Increasing the number of qualified Dream referrals through training presentations, calls, and ongoing communications with current and potential referral sources
– Researching, identifying, and establishing relationships with potential new referral sources based on program goals and objectives
– Providing engaging, sensitive, and accurate Dream Foundation program presentations in person, or via video conference to strategic audiences to promote the awareness, understanding and utilization of Dream Foundation’s programs
– Upkeep and knowledge of office machines
– Ordering front office supplies and keeping inventory of stock
– Support with mailings, conference room reservations, documentation folders, etc.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
– Highly organized and detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects
– Personable team player with strong phone skills
– Compassion for Dream applicants/recipients and families facing the end of life
– Demonstrate computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
– Nursing/Health Care/Sales/Travel experience beneficial
– High energy and passion for Dream Foundation’s mission is essential
– Fully vaccinated against COVID-10
This is a full-time, 40-hours/week, exempt position with Dream Foundation. Dream Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, or orientation. This job description may be changed as management deems necessary.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com