Dream Foundation, the only national Dream-granting organization for terminally ill adults and their families, is hiring a Dream Coordinator. This job is based in Santa Barbara.
The Dream Coordinator coordinates Dreams for the Dream Program. His or her responsibility is to assist in the fulfillment of Dreams, based on organizational goals and objectives, ensuring that our client base is served with the highest standards possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Thoroughly understanding all policies, guidelines and the dream-granting process
– Answering referral calls
– Contacting Dream recipients to discuss their Dreams (mostly via phone, not in person)
– Soliciting all potential sponsors and In-Kind contributors for the Dream, securing necessary donations and
– Identifying appropriate Dreams for media campaigns
– Coordinating all logistics and scheduling for Dreams
– Keeping electronic records of each Dream, including all contributions
– Facilitating thank-you letters to all contributors
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Highly organized and detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously
– Personable team player with strong phone skills
– Compassion for Dream applicants/recipients and families facing the end of life
– Demonstrate computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet
– Nursing/Health Care/Sales/Travel experience beneficial
– High energy and passion for Dream Foundation’s mission is essential
This is a full-time, 40-hours/week, exempt position with Dream Foundation. Dream Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, or orientation. This job description may be changed as management deems necessary.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org