DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SOLUTIONS FOR SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
Domestic Violence Solutions’ mission is to provide safety, shelter and support for individuals and families affected by domestic violence and collaborate with community partners to raise awareness regarding the cause, prevalence and impact.
To lead DVS with passion, emotional intelligence, teamwork, strategic thinking and executional excellence, inspiring a culture that promotes the agency’s core mission and takes DVS to its next level of program excellence, resource development, and service to the community.
The Executive Director partners with Board of Directors to fulfill DVS’s mission and establish the vision and goals for the organization. They lead and manage all aspects of agency operations including execution of the strategic plan plus development and implementation of the annual plan. This position provides overall leadership to approximately 20 professionals and 40 volunteers, supports 350+ clients and children who live in shelters or transitional housing in 3 locations across Santa Maria and Santa Barbara cities, plus 2,000+ clients who are served but not housed by the agency annually, and oversees an approximately $2.3 million budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
LEADERSHIP: Provide visionary and practical leadership to set a compelling direction for DVS, ensure alignment, teamwork, focus, and results.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop and facilitate a strategic plan including short-term and long-term strategies that achieve results.
- Provide day-to-day executive level oversight for all fiscal, administrative, and human resource operations.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Ensure the short and long-term financial health of the organization.
- Lead comprehensive financial management, fiscal sustainability, and accountability.
- Develop and manage annual organizational budget, pursuant to Board instructions and guidelines.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Create and nurture a collaborative, high performance culture.
- Foster and maintain a positive, collaborative staff environment aligned with organizational values.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel management: recruitment, retention, professional development and performance management.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION: Deliver high-quality prevention and intervention programs.
- Ensure best practice program planning, development, documentation, compliance, and evaluation.
- Ensure programming is aligned with vision, mission, and values of the agency.
- Understand and embrace therapeutic programs for ending domestic violence and related issues.
FUND DEVELOPMENT: Take overall responsibility for broad spectrum fundraising.
- Responsible for growing the agency’s revenue streams including overseeing government/foundation grant submission process and increasing revenue from individual donors, special events, and training.
- Promote agency visibility and build prospective donor pipeline.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Champion the mission and results of DVS with the community and stakeholders across geographies: Santa Barbara, Lompoc and Santa Maria.
- Ensure effective partnerships and build rapport with stakeholders and key allied professionals.
- Promote a positive organizational image.
- Serve as DVS ambassador to develop and maintain external relationships.
Core Competencies/ Skills/Knowledge/Abilities
Passion for DVS Mission – Strong, empathetic commitment to the mission of ending domestic violence.
- Leadership/Management – Proven strategic, financial, tactical, business, and people leadership skills. Seasoned in organizational development, change management, staff mentoring, and managing by objectives.
- Communication – Outstanding oral and written communication skills and ability to establish connections with diverse populations including clients, board members, staff, agency partners, and the community.
- Community Outreach – Powerful ability to champion and represent DVS with donors, partner agencies, community leaders, policy makers, and communities throughout Santa Barbara County.
- Emotional Intelligence – Exceptional, demonstrated ability to understand the interpersonal and emotional dynamics of situations and apply that knowledge to effectively guide actions and decisions.
- Collaboration/Teamwork – Proven ability to build a collaborative culture with high performing teams where everyone is aligned, information flows, areas of expertise are respected and leveraged, teamwork is the norm, and goals are achieved.
- Fundraising – Skilled at working on fundraising team to expand donor base and funding.
- Financial Management – Demonstrated experience with P&L management, including overseeing annual and quarterly budgeting, and balancing diverse, constantly changing and competing needs for funds.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s required
- Ten+ years of senior management experience, preferably in a social sector organization
- Five+ years of experience working with or on a Board of Directors
Domestic Violence Solutions of Santa Barbara County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, disability, ethnicity, age, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
DVS offers a competitive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information about DVS, please visit our website: dvsolutions.org
**Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to HR@DVsolutions.org**
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com