Under general direction of the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Donor Relations Associate is responsible for helping raise the funds to support Agency mission and support the CDO in maximizing financial gifts from private contributions, corporate sponsorships, and planned giving. The Donor Relations Associate will also assist with communication and marketing needs pertinent to fundraising.
Education and/or Experience Bachelors’ degree, with a minimum of two (2) years development and fundraising experience, or the equivalent amount of education and work experience AND two (2) years working experience in Donor Perfect, Salesforge.org, Raise’s Edge or other donor management/CRM software.
Other Skills In-depth knowledge of private philanthropy as it relates to the not-for-profit organization and experience with the fundamental disciplines of resource development with an understanding of the Moves Management approach to fundraising.
Other critical abilities include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish, build, and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, board members, committee members, donors, partners, and volunteers.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with limited supervision, willing to handle concurrent tasks and make appropriate judgments and decisions.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of contact management systems; database software; internet software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software WITH Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe and knowledge of design programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Current valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Physical Demands Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to dreveles@CommUnifySB.org