Website Braille Institute of America, Inc.
Braille Institute of America, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to transform the lives of those with vision loss. Through educational training, programs and services, Braille Institute helps people regain and maintain their independence through six regional centers (Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Anaheim, Laguna Hills, Coachella Valley, and San Diego) and through more than 300 community outreach locations. Each year, Braille Institute serves more than 37,000 people of all ages and demonstrates that vision rehabilitation is a beginning, not an end.
We currently are seeking a Low Vision Occupational Therapist at our Santa Barbara Center. This position is responsible for:
- Conducting Occupational Therapy evaluations for clients with low vision
- Developing goal-oriented plan of care and provide intervention in daily living skills, the use of assistive devices and other relevant rehabilitation activities
- Working in conjunction with existing services to develop a comprehensive, collaborative plan of care
- Educating clients on BIA programs and services
- Documenting and updating client records, outcomes and all services as needed to comply with Braille Institute standards
- Maintaining good communication with referring physicians
- Recommending adapted equipment and magnification devices to achieve clients’ goals
- Degree in Occupational Therapy required with CA State licensure or eligible for CA licensure
- Three (3) years of clinical working experience with geriatric/adult physical disability population
- Preference given to candidates with Low Vision certification or are participating in Low Vision Rehabilitation certification program
- Preference given to candidates with experience in working with people who are visually impaired
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Mentorship available for candidate’s without low vision certification/experience
- Ability to gain Low Vision Certification within a specified time frame
Braille Institute is an equal opportunity employer (EEOC). We offer an excellent environment and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com