For Immediate Release
Press Contact: Kelly Kapaun/Chris Davis(805) 687-3322
Art that explores grief and loss as well as the deeper aspects of life’s journey is desired
Santa Barbara, CA, December 11, 2014— Hospice of Santa Barbara (HSB) invites regional artists, either individuals or group, to submit their hanging works for consideration for the Leigh Block Gallery at Hospice of Santa Barbara. Art that explores grief and loss as well as the deeper aspects of life’s journey is desired.
Deadline for submission is January 30, 2015 by 4:30 p.m.
Selected exhibitions are to be an expression of Hospice of Santa Barbara’s vision and commitment to heal the fear of death and the loneliness of grief. The exhibitions will run quarterly: February through April, 2015; May through July, 2015; August through October 2015, and November through January, 2016.
Artists interested in submitting must send a cover letter and a disk containing images or proposed work and a current resume. Groups may also be considered. Detailed instructions for artist submission can be found on Hospice of Santa Barbara’s website.
Checklist for artists:
- In a cover letter, clearly state qualifications, any previous experience, areas of artist skills and expertise. Address your willingness and ability to deliver your work to and from the site at your own expense; install your work and un-install at your own expense, and provide ongoing maintenance if needed.
- Include a disk containing 5-10 images of recent or current work, 300 DPI JPEGS with a work file of a corresponding list including all image information: size, medium and title. You may include additional detail shots if they help define craftsmanship or materials used.
Artist submissions are due on Friday, January 30 by 4:30 p.m. Please mail all submissions to Art at HSB, Hospice of Santa Barbara, Inc., 2050 Alameda Padre Serra, Ste. 100, Santa Barbara, CA 93103.
Selected artists will:
- Interface with Hospice of Santa Barbara staff to sign an exhibition agreement
- Prepared all art works to be ready to hang using picture rail molding and hooks. Note: all artworks must be less than 20 lbs.
- Be available to deliver, install and un-install in a timely manner.
- Donate a portion (generally 25%) of art sales to Hospice of Santa Barbara.
Hospice of Santa Barbara invites all artists to view the site ahead of time by calling 805-563-8820.
About Hospice of Santa Barbara
Hospice of Santa Barbara “volunteers” its free professional counseling and care management services to more than 600 children and adults every month who are experiencing the impact of a life-threatening illness, or grieving the death of a loved one. Hospice of Santa Barbara is also present on local middle and high school campuses to work with children and teens who are grieving the loss of a loved one. For more information about Hospice of Santa Barbara, including volunteer opportunities, call (805) 563-8820 or visit www.hospiceofsantabarbara.org. Find Hospice of Santa Barbara on Facebook and Twitter.