- This event has passed.
Sustainable Building Solutions to Fires and Debris Flows
June 15 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Interested in exciting progress in sustainable building solutions for our region?
Saturday, June 15th, 3-5pm
Join us for this special free event at Montecito Community Hall, 1469 E. Valley Rd, Montecito.
Convened by Quail Springs Permaculture, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network, and Community Environmental Council (CEC)
Reinforced Adobe ~ A Sustainable Solution to Our Region’s Fires and Debris Flows
Presentations & Community Dialogue:
- New research – ancient building material meets modern standards
- Ideal for fire and debris flows
- Construction details for superior fire resistance
- Potential for accessory dwelling units (ADUs)
- Updates on changing policies
- Sasha Rabin ~ Quail Springs Permaculture, Natural Building Director
- Art Ludwig ~ The Safety Cottage Project, Santa Barbara
Please invite: community members interested in supporting and learning about sustainable building, architects, builders, news media, politicians – together we can research and move forward with sustainable solutions!