Dine Out for Hunger
September 1 - October 2
FOOD BANK TEAMS UP WITH LOCAL RESTAURANTS TO END HUNGER
Foodbank of Santa Barbara County initiates Dine Out for Hunger campaign for month of September
(Santa Barbara, CA) — This September, the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is partnering with 19 local restaurants to host the first-ever countywide Dine Out for Hunger campaign.
This community effort will raise money to benefit the Foodbank and help end hunger in Santa Barbara County as part of Feeding America’s national Hunger Action Month. Last year, the Foodbank served 190,000 residents across the county, 40% of which were children, through nutrition education programs, fresh produce distributions, and healthy food pantries. The proceeds from this campaign will directly benefit children’s programs, senior nutrition services, and grocery distributions to families.
Each restaurant will donate $1 to the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County for each purchase of a select menu item. Participating restaurants include the following:
- Bar 29, 1134 Chapala St, Santa Barbara
- Bettina, 1014 Coast Village Rd, Santa Barbara
- Benchmark Eatery, 1201 State St, Santa Barbara
- Bibi Ji, 734 State St, Santa Barbara
- The Boathouse,2981 Cliff Dr., Santa Barbara
- Ca’ Dario, 37 E Victoria St, Santa Barbara
- Dargan’s Irish Pub and Restaurant, 18 E Ortega St, Santa Barbara
- Khao Kaeng, 1187 Coast Village Rd Suite 9, Montecito
- Finch & Fork, 31 W Carrillo St, Santa Barbara
- First & Oak, 409 1st St, Solvang
- Industrial Eats, 181 Industrial Way, Buellton
- Los Arroyos, 14 W Figueroa St, Santa Barbara
- Mesa Burger, 315 Meigs Rd, Santa Barbara
- Satellite, 1117 State St, Santa Barbara
- Soul Cal Smokehouse, 38 W Victoria St, Santa Barbara
- Three Pickles, 126 E Canon Perdido St, Santa Barbara and 420 S Fairview Ave # 104, Goleta
- Toma, 324 W Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara
“We’re excited to be working with local restaurants who work so hard to feed and nourish our community. The Foodbank is honored that many of them are donating a portion of their best-selling items and are so happy to give back,” explains Nathalie Keller, Foodbank Development Manager. “With the help of these restaurants, we’re hoping to make a big impact during Hunger Action Month.”
The Foodbank encourages anyone eating out during the month of September to consider dining at one of these restaurants. Patrons should ask their server for the special “Dine Out for Hunger” menu item. Each qualifying purchase provides eight meals to those facing hunger in our communities. Menu items range across breakfast, lunch, and dinner and include a wide array of foods.
If restaurants are interested in joining the Dine Out for Hunger team, it’s not too late to participate. Contact Nathalie Keller at email@example.com. Dine Out for Hunger ends on September 30. Community members can learn more about how they can help by visiting https://donate.foodbanksbc.org/DineOut
About the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is transforming health by eliminating hunger and food insecurity through good nutrition and food literacy. The Foodbank provides nourishment and education through a network of more than 300 distribution programs operated by the Foodbank, its network of partner agencies and volunteers. In Santa Barbara County, one in four people receive food support from the Foodbank; over 170,000 unduplicated people of whom 38% are children. Last year, the Foodbank distributed 10 million pounds of food – nearly half of which was fresh produce. For more information, visit www.foodbanksbc.org.