- This event has passed.
“Dementia: Current Trends & Future Directions”
June 14, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Alzheimer’s disease is a growing epidemic affecting more than 5 million Americans today and as many as 16 million by 2050. To better inform professionals about Alzheimer’s disease, the Alzheimer’s Association, California Central Coast Chapter will be hosting its seventh annual conference, “Dementia: Current Trends & Future Directions.” The all-day event will start at 9 a.m. at the Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge.
Speakers include distinguished professionals in their fields, including:
- Eric Collett, Owner & Principal, A Mind for All Seasons, LLC
- Keith Fargo, PhD, Director of Scientific Programs & Outreach, Alzheimer’s Association
- Douglas Pace, LNHA, Director of Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care, Alzheimer’s Association
- Howard Rosen, MD, Professor in Residence of Neurology at UC San Francisco
- Kelsey Stander, BSN, MSN, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Program at UCLA Geriatrics
The day will include workshops and presentations, covering the journey of dementia, with topics on treating and supporting those with dementia, understanding dementia behaviors, communicating for caregivers, and updates on Alzheimer’s research.
Registration will be available on April 1. Early bird registration is available until April 30. Regular registration closes May 30. For exhibitor benefits, please contact Donna Beal, MPH, MCHES at 805.892.4259 ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.