- This event has passed.
40-Hour Domestic Violence Training Certification
August 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$225
Domestic Violence Solutions (DVS) for Santa Barbara County is pleased to offer a 40-Hour Advocacy Training in Santa Maria this August.
The training meets the requirements for certification by the State of California for people who wish to work directly with victims or perpetrators of domestic violence. The goals of the training are to inform, challenge myths, beliefs and attitudes, and call participants to action. Graduates will receive a certificate of completion that is a primary qualification for working or volunteering with clients in any domestic violence shelter, crisis hotline, or domestic violence counseling agency, statewide.
Who should attend? Interested members of the community, therapists, social workers, medical personnel, law enforcement personnel, alcohol and drug rehabilitation caseworkers, concerned friends and family members, prospective volunteers.
August 2, 3, 7, 9 & 10, 2018
8:15 AM – 5:00 PM
Community Health Centers of the Central Coast
2050 S. Blosser Rd.
Santa Maria, CA 93458
Class fee: $225
How to register:
Download the registration form here: https://www.dvsolutions.org/en/community/40-hour-domestic-violence-training-certification
Complete the registration form and send it by email to Eloisa Patterson
Who should attend:
• Medical personnel and professionals in social service agencies
• Law enforcement personnel
• Therapists and volunteers
• Family and friends of domestic violence victims
Why you should attend:
To obtain a certificate for direct service in a domestic violence agency
• To learn evidenced-based strategies for counseling and client advocacy that support recovery
• To develop referrals and network with other professionals serving in the local nonprofit community
• To learn about the legal system that supports the advocacy community
DVS is an approved provider of “DV Counselor” certification pursuant to Evidence Code 1037.1