At Leading From Within, we have a passion for investing in nonprofit and other social sector leaders. The goal of the Emerging Leaders program is to empower, elevate, and connect the next generation of nonprofit leaders in Santa Barbara County.
Emerging Leaders is a 10-month (one full day each month) program that assembles a select cohort of emerging social sector leaders from Santa Barbara County and guides them through a rigorous, relevant and applied curriculum. Thanks to the support of the Santa Barbara Foundation, we will be launching our 2019 Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) next January.
Emerging Leaders combines a professionally relevant curriculum with support in making deep connections with peers, mentors, and community leaders. Emerging Leaders is designed to help participants increase their leadership impact in their organization and the sector at large. Emerging Leaders has been intentionally designed to provide a powerful professional development opportunity for emerging nonprofit leaders, including:
- Cutting edge tools and research on management and leadership, presented by experienced facilitators
- Approaches & skills to foster impact, effectiveness, collaboration and sustained commitment
- Knowledge and insights about the distinctive characteristics and dynamics of nonprofit organizations
- Connections with community leaders and resources
- One-on-one executive coaching and peer coaching which support you in customizing what you learn to meet your individual development objectives
- A new circle of colleagues with a common purpose — to support each other’s leadership beyond the program
To Learn More:
- Taking a look around our Emerging Leaders web page, including our selection criteria
- Attending one of our October Information Sessions in Santa Barbara and Santa Maria
- Speaking to one or more of our program alumni
SANTA BARBARA INFO SESSIONS
Date: Wednesday, October 3
Location: Impact Hub Chapala Center | 1221 Chapala Street | Santa Barbara
Date: Thursday, October 25
Location: Impact Hub State Street | 1117 State Street, Santa Barbara
SANTA MARIA INFO SESSION
Date: Thursday, October 4
Location: Moxie Cafe | 1317 W. McCoy Lane | Santa Maria
Applications are available now and are due by November 2, 2018. Please note that we regularly receive more applications than we have space for, so not all applicants will be accepted.
Thanks to the generosity of the Santa Barbara Foundation, once again in 2018 they will be providing scholarship dollars to cover a majority of the costs of the program, so this is an affordable, transformative development opportunity for emerging nonprofit leaders in Santa Barbara County.