Emerging Leaders is a 10-month (one full day each month) program that assembles a select cohort of emerging social sector leaders from Santa Barbara County and guides them through a rigorous, relevant and applied curriculum. Thanks to the support of the Santa Barbara Foundation, we will be launching our 2017 Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) next January.
Emerging Leaders combines a professionally relevant curriculum with support in making deep connections with peers, mentors, and community leaders. Emerging Leaders is designed to help participants increase their leadership impact in their organization and the sector at large.Emerging Leaders has been intentionally designed to provide a powerful professional development opportunity for emerging nonprofit leaders, including:
- Cutting edge tools and research on management and leadership, presented by experienced facilitators
- Approaches & skills to foster impact, effectiveness, collaboration and sustained commitment
- Knowledge and insights about the distinctive characteristics and dynamics of nonprofit organizations
- Connections with community leaders and resources
- One-on-one executive coaching and peer coaching which support you in customizing what you learn to meet your individual development objectives
- A new circle of colleagues with a common purpose — to support each other’s leadership beyond the program
SANTA BARBARA INFO SESSIONDate: Wednesday, October 4Time: 9-10AMLocation: University Club of Santa Barbara (1332 Santa Barbara St, Santa Barbara)SANTA MARIA INFO SESSIONDate: Thursday, October 5Time: 9-10AMLocation: Santa Maria Cornerstone Community Room (705 South McClelland Street, Santa Maria)
Thanks to the generosity of the Santa Bar a Foundation, once again in 2017 they will be providing scholarship dollars to cover a majority of the costs of the program, so this is an affordable, transformative development opportunity for emerging nonprofit leaders in Santa Barbara County.