The 28th Annual Senior Expo of Santa Barbara, the largest active aging fair in our area, will take place on Wednesday October 5, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. Senior Expo is expanding its offerings for 2016 by adding programs and services for caregivers and introducing the first ever showcase of volunteer opportunities and activities geared to keeping seniors active and involved in their community. Cost of admission is $5.
“The Expo is always informative and fun. Not only do the attendees enjoy this event; the exhibitors have the best time connecting with each other and sharing their resources,” said FSA Senior Services Program Manager, Cynthia McNulty. “This year, we look forward to supporting both healthy aging as well as celebrating the important role of the caregiver by promoting support services for families.”
Even those who’ve been to the Expo before will find something new this year! The event is expected to draw 1,000 local seniors, family members and caregivers to view a record number of exhibits. Attendees have the chance to learn about everything from public agencies and nonprofits to financial and insurance services as well as housing, home care, healthcare, fitness, education and many other vital services and products for seniors in our community.
2016 Expo offerings include:
- Flu shot donated by Sansum Clinic for seniors age 55+
- 110+ exhibit booths, with more than 20 first-time vendors
- Healthy Snack by the Oak Cottage & Heritage House
- NEW! Diabetes Testing & Nutritional Counseling by Sansum Diabetes Center
- NEW! De-stress techniques by Qigong Tai Chi
- Free Bone Density Scans by OsteoStrong
- NEW! Dos Pueblos High School Jazz Combo, 1st place winners at 2016 Reno Jazz Festival
- NEW! Dancing & Dance Instruction by Carrillo Recreation Center
- NEW! Showcase of Activities, Clubs, and Volunteer Opportunities for seniors
- Valet parking for those with a blue placard
Senior Expo is made possible through sponsorship of local businesses and nonprofit agencies. The 2016 Platinum-level sponsors include Family Service Agency, Sansum Clinic, Cottage Health, Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care, and The Oak Cottage/Heritage House. The 2016 Gold-level sponsors are Sharon Kennedy Estate Management and Stevens & Associates Insurance; and the 2016 Silver-level sponsors are AssistedLivingSB, DASH (Doctors Assisting Seniors at Home), Home Care Assistance, Hospice of Santa Barbara, the Santa Barbara News Press and the Santa Barbara County Adult & Aging Network.
For more information the public is invited to visit www.seniorexposb.com or call (855) 247-9355.